The Epic DIY Deck Project is almost finished. Had to finish off the deck railing, add a few more deck boards, stairs and finishing touches. Had the chance to head out to the cabin on the Labour Day Long Weekend. The focus was to get the railing completed and get some close-ups on some of the steps. Hopefully the video has answered any of my viewer questions. If not, feel free to give me a shout.
Also, I wanted to mention that the entire deck rail project, except for the handrail, didn’t cost me a dime. It was all scavenged from a massive back yard play fort I dismantled 3 years ago. Aside from the tear down time, space it took for storage, I saved over $441.00!
Here’s the breakdown:
(12) 2″ x 4″x 6′ Western Red Cedar Drilled Rail $9.66 each Total $117.00 (Free)
(6) Veranda Horizontal Rail Kit $54.00 each Total $324 (Free)
(7) 4″ x 4″ x 50″ Rail Post $8.00 each Total $56.00 (Free)
(2) 2 x 6 x 18′ Cedar top rail (Utility grade) $9.00 each Total $18.00 (Paid)
(50) 3″ Deck screws $8.00 (Paid)
(16) 3/8″ x 7″ Hot dipped Galvanized bolts Total $14.00 (Paid)
Note: I’m encountering problems with the exposure settings on the HD camcorder. Sorry, if some of video looks washed out.