The plan was to repair and update an 8-piece Croquet Set. The set was too be rented for wedding the next day. It was to be one of the many lawn activities for the outdoor reception.
When the project first started a few weeks earlier, I thought there was only one handle to be repaired. The bottom part where the wooden thread was snapped off. Materials were sourced and the plan was to fix a few days before the event.
After closer inspection of the entire contents of the Croquet Set, in the box, noticed that three other handles totally missing. Hmm, didn’t factor in extra time and materials for the fabrication of the thread system. Kind of kicked myself for not being more observant.
Had to shift to Plan B. Plan B was to pick up a wooden broom handle from the hardware store, cut it to size, remove the sticker, sand, paint the colour group and seal with urethane. Simple enough, but I only had 3-hours to complete the project.
What is Croquet? According to croquetamerica.com website, “The game of croquet (pronounced “crow-KAY”) is a tradition of backyard recreation in America, as well as a sport that can be enjoyed by young and old alike.“
Nothing to do with wind turbines, but knowing how to fix a tubeless tire when you’re out in the boonies will help BIG TIME! Especially when your snowblower or wheelbarrow tire goes flat. All you need is a ratchet binder and an air pump. Takes about 10 minutes and you’re done.
This is part 2 of the Removing the Cooler Gizmo from an Electric Coleman Cooler series. The hot and cold fans are upgraded to a more efficient model and some changes were made to the wiring.
The original plan was to put it into the old 1920’s ice box, but, after a second look (and persuading from my spouse), I decided against the idea. With the summer starting to set in, I decided it would be more beneficial for cold drinks.
This video took some time, had to scavenge through the bone pile of computer parts for fans.
Music credit: Omission by Huma-Huma, YouTube Audio Library
The 20-year-old floating swim platform was starting to show its age. The 8′ x 12′ platform was used for docking boats, swimming and the morning coffee. Constructed from three 14″ dia. by 12′ long spruce logs. Empty 5 gallon water buckets helped with the flotation and three sheets plywood were used for the deck. Once the ice receded, our neighbour commented that it was in sad shape. The nails were popping out of the weathered plywood and it was becoming difficult to walk on. So, we drove up on a Friday night and started to work on it right away. After stumbling around in the dark with head lamps on, a bunch of 8′ long 2″ x 6″ cedar decking boards were laid down and secured with 3″ stainless steel screws through the plywood to the logs underneath. In addition, 6″ galvanized lag screws were ratcheted in every 24″. (note: It was a little tricky to not drop the cordless drivers into the lake). The next day, I got up early and put a coat of Red Label Penofin Rosewood Oil to give the cedar planks some UV protection. After a couple of hours, it was ready for the morning coffee and swimming in the summer.
I apologize for not have more step-by-step pictures. We were rushing around at night and my camera did not have a flash.