Since funds were low, and the place is way off the beaten path, a contractor could not be brought for this project. Hopefully, I can get it started and one of my neighbours will lend a hand for case a beer or homemade, strawberry Rhubarb pie. Read more here…
Music credit: Strange Days by YouTube Creator
Music credit; Strange Days by YouTube music Library
Had a wonderful opportunity to work on a different project for a wedding.
An out-of-town bride and groom wanted to be married under an archway made of logs.
So, to get started, a reference photo was emailed from halfway around the world and the bride asked to have it ready for their wedding in a month.
The criterion was, it had to be portable, tall enough to stand under, but, could also fit inside a standard 8 foot tall ceiling room (in case of rain). With aid of a trade show booth base plates, it was quite easy to come up with a design that could stand up.
Read more here…
My father took the lead on the chainsaw and helped cut down a bunch of dead trees near the cabin. My father grew up on a farm on the East Coast and has tons more experience cutting trees safely. With my previous problems with these type of trees, I have no problems letting someone more experienced do the cutting.
Since the older Stihl 011 AVT gas chainsaw was needing some parts, we used a the back up saw. A 3-year-old Poulan 16-in 13.5A Electric Chainsaw running off a 6500 watt generator.
We used a proven method of a 100 foot rope and 3 inch pulley tied to a tree. It helped guide the tree in a certain direction. It worked like a charm and it kept people (and buildings) out of harms way.
Big thanks to my Dad advice, Mom helping pull and my 9-year-old son for filming.
Music credit: Aces High by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under a CC Attribution 3.0.
I uses a passive venting system for the battery box. The battery box hold (4) 6 volt deep cycle batteries. It is wire for a the volt system. The box was constructed from f/8″ Birch plywood and painted white. The lid can easily be flipped open and closed tightly. I have added a seal around the outside of the lid. For me, it’s just a piece of mind that something can function without moving parts. The venting system was made up from 3/4″ – 1-1/2″ PVC pipe that was dry fitted together. The large 1-1/2″ pipe for the rising hydrogen and the small 3/4″ fresh air pipe running to the bottom. It creates a vacuum inside the box and doesn’t need electricity to work.
The batteries appear dirty because they bubbled over and the acid had to be neutralized with baking soda.